We all know that it’s impossible to navigate and work on a desktop & gaming computer without a good keyboard. The keyboard is one of the main elements of the desktop & a gaming setup without which the computer will not be able to function. Office work and desk jobs need people to constantly type away at the desktop keyboards to complete their work or documents. A good keyboard is also required for a smooth gaming experience and is highly desired by gamers everywhere.
However, the annoying clicks of the keyboard can be extremely irritating and frustrating at times. Typing away at high speeds makes the sounds worse and will definitely make anyone irritated at it. Many times your colleagues or fellow roommates may get irritated at the noise and cause them to be distracted. The clicking can also disturb gamers who do not like to use headphones while playing. There is, however, a solution to this problem. If the clicks of the keys bother you, get yourself a quiet keyboard for your computer. Yes, quiet keyboards do exist which significantly cuts down on the sounds of clicking keys and makes everything peaceful.
List of Best Quiet Keyboards for Gaming and Work
- Kensington Slim Type Wired Keyboard
- Logitech K750 Solar Keyboard
- Razer BlackWidow Elite Keyboard
- Corsair K55 Wired Keyboard
- Jelly Comb Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo
- Perixx Periboard 512 Ergonomic Keyboard
- Logitech K800 Illuminated Keyboard
These keyboards are carefully picked by us after thorough examinations and comparisons with other brands and models. We are quite positive that these keyboards are one of the best quiet keyboards out there and they will definitely win you over if you give them a try. To Know more in detail about these keyboards, keep reading the article.
Kensington Slim Type Wired Keyboard
Compatible with: Mac OSX and Windows
The Kensington Slim keyboard is a sleek and slim keyboard which has little to no noise while typing. It uses the scissor-switch technology that gives the keyboard a low profile and makes it feel like a laptop keyboard. Yes, it is that slim. This keyboard is wired and has to be connected while in use. The typing noise is not completely absent but it’s so minimal that you will barely register it. This keyboard can be easily used by everyone and is perfect for office work and gaming.
The keys run very smoothly and help in increasing typing speed without too much pressure. There is minimal gap between keys which is an essential feature when it comes to the best quiet keyboards. Say bye bye to sore fingers and hands aa this will not only ease the pressure but also facilitate speed which means you will get work done more efficiently. It must be noted that the Home/End/Page Up, Down, etc. keys are arranged differently than normal keyboards. This might give you some trouble initially. However, it will definitely get used to with time and your work efficiency will return.
Response rates can also be somewhat troublesome when inputting at least 2 keys at once on the keyboard. It is more ideal for office work/school work and not gaming.
- Ultra slim keyboard of just 0.75 inches
- 128 Bit AES Encrypted Nano wireless connectivity
- Tilt angle elevation up to 30 degrees
- Scissor-switch technology
- Scissor switch technology for quiet typing and minimal noise
- Small footprint that requires minimal space
- Slim keyboard without any bulk
- Good placement of keys for increased typing speed with less pressure
- Even with an elevation of 30 degrees it still feels too flat
- Layout of keyboard is different and will take you time to get habituated
- Typing 2 or more keys at once can cause delayed response
- Keyboard layout and design is a little confusing.
- Wired Keyboard and not portable
Verdict:- Kensington keyboard is ultra slim and requires very less storage space. The keyboard operates on advanced technology for minimal noise and facilitates fast typing. However, typing multiple keys together can cause a delayed response. If you require a keyboard for office or schoolwork use, this is the best picture for you.
Logitech K750 Solar Keyboard
Compatible With: Windows only
The Logitech K750 Solar Keyboard 2 is based on solar power and is an excellent choice for the best quiet keyboard category. The keyboard can be charged both in sunlight and in artificial light. Once the keyboard is charged to its maximum capacity, it can work upto three months even when surrounded by complete darkness. It is wireless which means it’s quite portable and easy to carry around. The K750 has a great key design with a concave curve to make it comfortable and ideal for fast typing. There is however slight delay in response at times when multiple keys are input.
- Solar power and artificial lights charged
- No need for electricity to charge it
- Wireless and portable
- Lasts upto 3 months in darkness with full charge
- Concave curved board
- Laptop-like keys fast and quiet typing
- Media function keys are an added bonus
- 2.4 GHz unifying receiver which lets you pair it easily with any compatible mouse
- Full-size keyboard with number pad
- Hassle free installation
- Saves electricity
- Limitless solar
- Effortless typing experience
- Very quiet
- Connectivity is limited to a short distance
- Connectivity isn’t very reliable
- Delayed response at times
Verdict:- The K750 keyboard is exceptionally quiet and has almost no typing noise. The ease of its installation setup process is easy and quite convenient. It kind of has a plug and play setup which is easy and hassle-free. Solar power makes it easy to charge aa it can be charged under artificial light as well. It also lasts quite long on full charge which is a gamechanger for solar keyboards. Overall this is an extremely good keyboard and is totally value for money. If you need a portable wireless keyboard you should choose this.
Razer BlackWidow Elite Keyboard (Yellow Version)
Compatible With: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 – 10, and Mac
The Razer Blackwidow Elite 2 has the yellow switch type which is amazing in durability, responsiveness, and quietness when it comes to computer keyboards. It comes with an impressive 80 million-keystroke service life. This means that the model is one probably the quietest low profile computer keyboard. The Razer Elite’s keyboard has full-RGB backlit keys which adds to the beauty of the keyboard and is liked by everyone. It is also fully programmable & customizable for every key. It does fall under the category of a top gaming keyboard. The keys work dually in controlling backlighting and can serve as a double function. The media controls for the Razer Elite keyboard provide circular buttons that work as a multi-functional digital dial for an improved media control.
- Razer yellow switch keys which are super quiet
- Longer durability
- Super responsive keys
- Full RGB color spectrum experience for the ultimate gaming experience
- Multi-functional dial for customizing and controlling audio
- Magnetic palm rest
- 80 million keystroke lifespan
- Full-size gaming keyboard with number pad
- 10 key rollover for optimized gaming experience
- Beautiful functional design
- Amazingly quiet
- Super responsive
- Customizable and programmable keys for backlighting and secondary functions
- Good media control features
- Compatible for a smooth gaming experience
- Magnetic palm rest
- Very Expensive
- Sometimes has ‘buggy’ software
- The ergonomic design is hard to operate with the media controls while typing or using the keyboard.
Verdict:- The Razer Elite is an amazing keyboard that will give you the ultimate gaming experience. This keyboard is specifically made keeping in mind the requirements of gamers. The keyboard has beautiful backlight keys that can be customized as well. This is one of the best silent keyboards in the market. The only major drawback is that this is super expensive and not suitable for office or school work. Also sometimes the software does encounter bugs but they don’t last long. If you want to surpluge to get the ultimate unbeatable gaming experience, this is the one for you.
Corsair K55 Wired Keyboard
Compatible with: Windows 8, 9, 10
Corsair K55 Keyboard 2 is a budget-friendly gaming keyboard option among the best quiet keyboards for the gaming section. Although the membrane switch type isn’t very low profile as compared to silent computer keyboards, Corsair in its K55 model carries better membrane technology without any of the annoying clicking sounds.
However, membrane switch types are generally less durable. This keyboard, however, is well-built and very sturdy. It does require greater pressure on the keys, so it’s best to make use of the wrist-rest that comes along with the keyboard. Wrist rests have ergonomic benefits so they are an added bonus.
- Immersive RGB backlighting
- 6 fully programmable macro keys
- Lightweight and portable
- Detachable palm rest for comfort
- Media function keys for better customization audio control
- Super Quiet
- Responsive keys
- New membrane switch type with no clicking sounds
- Full-size gaming keyboard with number pad
- Sturdy and Durable
- 6 dedicated macro keys which can be easily customized
- Anti-ghosting feature/8 key rollover for matrix gaming
- Excellent software
- Medium budget
- Keyboard surface can get many scratches, dust, and stains
- Membrane type switches are generally not very long-lasting
- Not very suitable for office or school work
Verdict:- The Corsair K55 is an excellent keyboard for gamers who cannot or do not want to invest too much in a keyboard. It’s 6 dedicated macro keys are easily programmable and the software design along with lock windows key feature are added bonuses. An anti ghosting feature or 8 key rollover is exceptional for the ultimate gaming performance. The keyboard also has a low profile along with these wide array of features. However, the keyboard surface can easily get scratches, dents, and stains. Overall, the features that are offered in this price range are commendable and less expensive than most top notch premium keyboards. It also has a good build quality and is an excellent choice for low-budget gamers.
Jelly Comb Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo
Compatible with: XP, Vista, versions 8, 9, 10, and Mac.
Jelly Comb Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo 2 can be considered one of the best quiet keyboards because of its aluminum build. It makes the design compact and durable at the same time. It is a wireless keyboard with connectivity as far as 26 feet away with minimal interferences. This shows the efficiency of its USB receiver. It also meets the primary requirement of quietness and has very low key noises. It’s response rate is also very quick. The displacements of keys are spread evenly on the keyboard.
However, some keys may become faulty and sensitive. This is it’s only big problem. It has a 3 million-keystroke service life which is quite good. It’s outstanding battery life is also a bonus. The Jelly Comb is also lightweight and portable.
- Aluminum keyboard build
- Durable & Sturdy
- Amazing response rate
- Meets quietness requirements
- Has a keyboard service life of 3 million keystrokes
- Excellent connectivity as far as 26 feet away
- Long-range USB receiver
- Key travel on keyboard is almost zero
- Amazing battery life
- Small footprint which means it takes up less space
- Comes with a keyboard and mouse combo
- Long-range USB nano receiver
- Some keys are faulty or extra sensitive
- Mouse has weak connectivity which is surprising
- Small mouse size causes problems with hand placements
- Mouse scroll wheel bar is noisy
The scroll wheel bar isn’t exactly low profile because it can be a little loud. Its connectivity doesn’t come as effective compared to the keyboard too.
Lastly, the mouse is somewhat small for its size, causing an arch when holding it. This can be uncomfortable and straining over long durations as well.
Verdict:- The Jelly Comb keyboard and mouse combo are excellent in quietness and performance. It’s battery life is also great and the connectivity and key response is outstanding. The mouse that comes with the keyboard creates a lot of problems and will be a pain to use. Keeping in mind that this seems to be the only big flaw in the keyboard set, the keyboard itself is a perfect choice for the best quiet keyboards category.
Perixx Periboard 512 Ergonomic Keyboard
Compatible With: Windows XP, Vista, & versions 7 – 9 only
The Perixx Periboard was specifically designed for the purpose of ergonomic typing. The keyboard has a unique V-shaped layout and 3-D design which helps facilitate lesser wrist movement along with an integrated palm rest for an easy and comfortable typing experience.
The keyboard does have absolutely minimal noise levels barring the space bar that does make some sound. The keys also give a more tactile feedback which is a common experience in membrane switchboards.
It is a very low profile and quiet keyboard and requires less effort and pressure while tying away for a long time. The keyboard has 7 multimedia keys which improves user experience. It is also easy to navigate due to its convenient positioning. However, the Perixx keyboard model is different from standard keywords and will take you some time to get habituated. The split design technology can cause certain problems for new users.
- Integrated palm rest for more comfort and efficiency
- 7 multimedia hotkeys for better navigation & control
- 3D design has an ergonomic factor
- Split keypad with two spacebars
- Full-size keyboard with number pad
- Affordable and low-budget
- Durable and sturdy
- Unique keyboard design with ergonomic factor
- Follows natural curves of hands and wrists
- Fairly quiet and has almost non-existent key sounds
- No gel or memory foam padding
- It is difficult to clean
- Arrow keys follow a vertical rectangular layout which makes it difficult to use
- Difficult for new users in the beginning
Verdict:- The Perixx is an excellent choice for office goers who have to work and type out for long hours. The specially designed keyboard is known for its ultimate comfort and efficiency which is required in the workspace. The quietness level is very low and it won’t cause any disturbance. It may get some time to get used to the layout but investing in one will definitely be a gamechanger for you.
Logitech K800 Illuminated Keyboard
Compatible with Windows XP, Vista, & versions 7 – 10
Logitech K800 Wireless Illuminated Keyboard 2 is an amazing keyboard that has to be on the best quiet keyboards list. The keyboard does not require to be plugged into an electric outlet during use. The illumination feature is also a welcome for almost everyone. Backlit keys are extremely important for people who work in the darkness or pull late night shifts. Wall or ceiling lights will be a problem for them if they live with family or roommates.
The keys on this keyboard are well-spaced which is a good quality in quiet keyboards for typing. Key responses are great and the lagging is not a problem at all. The Hand Proximity detection feature of the K800 keyboard is that it’s touch sensitive; the backlight dims as you pull away your hands and brightens as you return closer to the keyboard. The illumination can also be adjusted.
- Palm rest for user comfort
- Hand proximity detection
- Laser-etched backlit keys
- Adjustable backlit keys
- Perfect keystroke system for fluid and noiseless typing
- Full-size keyboard with number pad
- Wireless and portable
- Seamless typing and utmost comfort
- Hand Proximity detection
- Wireless connectivity
- Low noise profile
- Portable and compact
- Poor battery life
- No Num Lock indicator
- Wrist set is small
Verdict:- This is an extremely good wireless keyboard with typing fluidity and low noise level. However, the battery capacity is quite low which kind of defeats the purpose of having a wireless keyboard. However, it has a good build-quality and is durable as well. You can use this for gaming, office work, and class work as well.The backlit keys are a bonus for late night workers. If you want a budget-friendly keyboard with illumination and low noise then you can choose this.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Should I buy a mouse keyboard combo?
You can find many combo deals online where you will get both keyboard and mouse. Now whether or not you should buy it depends on several factors. If you want to save some bucks and do not mind if the mouse is a little faulty, you can buy a combo. However, you need to be extremely careful and read reviews to know if the combo is worth it.
Q. What are the benefits of backlit keys?
Backlit keys are extremely beneficial for people who like to work late at night. The illumination improves visibility in the dark and makes it easier to see the keys. People working on night shifts with family, friends, or colleagues around can benefit from backlit keys. Illumination also makes the keyboard look fun and cool.
Q. What are ergonomic features in a keyboard?
Ergonomic features in a keyboard means that it is specifically designed to increase efficiency in typing without applying too much pressure on the keys. The aim of ergonomic features is to make computer work more comfortable and less stressful while also increasing productivity through efficiency. Keyboard features are especially necessary in order to establish this as efficiency is mostly related to typing speed.
Q. Are expensive keyboards better?
Again, this answer also depends on what exactly it is that you are looking for. If you are a hard-core gamer who cannot do without it, try investing in a good high budget keyboard as you will be using it a lot. Low or mid range keyboards tend to lag and be unresponsive when you work with more than one keys together. This cannot be avoided in video games. Hence, gamers can invest in an expensive one for the ultimate gaming experience. For people who want to purchase a keyboard for work related purposes, try investing in ones that have ergonomic features for comfort. Long term office goers who have to be on the desktop all the time should consider getting an expensive one for maximum efficiency and comfort. Late night workers or students can look at Illuminated keyboards at any price range. For students and office goers who do not need to be on the computer all the time, a moderately priced one will do well enough.